Pro Tect Runner Floor Protection Installation Video
Pro Tect Runner Floor Protection Installation Guide
Benefits of floor protection runners:
- Protects from moisture, spills, scratches, and light impact damage (nearly ⅛” thick).
- Allows the covered floor surface to breathe
- Soft vinyl backing
- Slides easily to move it when you need it
- Stays in place under pressure for stability and safety
- Designed specifically to protect high traffic and high quality floor surfaces
- Perfect for large areas like open-concept living rooms, dining rooms, and kitchens
- Works great on countertops too
- Environmentally friendly; made from recycled plastic bottles
Floor protection runners come in a variety of sizes to suit every project, including 24”, 36”, 48” widths and 50’, 100’, and 150’ lengths.
This guide will show you how to install runner floor protection at your home or job site.
Step 1: Unroll the runner
The runners are reverse wound into rolls for easy installation.
Simply place the roll on the floor and start unrolling!
Step 2: Cut and continue unrolling next section
When the roll has reached the end of the flooring area, cut the material to end the section.
Place the roll next to the first section to unroll the next section side-by-side.
Step 3: Continuing cutting and unrolling in sections until entire area is covered
Continue the process of cutting and unrolling in sections side-by-side until you have finished covering the entire area.
Step 4: (Optional) To make sections wider, seam them together with tape
If you would like your sections to be wider (ie more than the width of the roll), you can create seams to attach the sections together.
Cut tape to desired length and center it on the seam with the sticky side facing up.
Carefully pick one side of the runner up and place it down on the tape.
Repeat with the other side.
It’s easy to protect large flooring areas with floor protection runners from Pro Tect.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Unroll the runner
- Cut and continue unrolling next section
- Continuing cutting and unrolling in sections until entire area is covered
- (Optional) To make sections wider, seam them together with tape
If you have any questions about runner floor protection, feel free to contact the team at Pro Tect. We are happy to help you tackle any project.